LAUNCH Nordic unites global industry leaders and regional innovators to identify and scale sustainable innovations in materials.
The 2014 LAUNCH Nordic Innovation Challenge called for innovations that have the potential to transform the system of textiles, fabrics and fibers to one that has a minimal environmental impact and/or drives social equality. The final date for innovation submission was June 1st, 2014.
We received many applications from around the globe. After all submissions were reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts, nine top innovators were selected to participate in the LAUNCH Nordic Forum on September 10-11, 2014 in Malmö, Sweden.
The top nine LAUNCH Nordic innovators 2014 are (in alphabetic order),
- BETTER COTTON INITIATIVE (Switzerland)
- DUTCH AWEARNESS (Netherland)
- GREEN LEATHER CRUST (Germany)
- MONOCEL (Norway)
- NANO-DYE (USA)
- PURE WASTE (Finland)
- RE:NEWCELL (Sweden)
- THE EXTENDED CLOSED LOOP (Germany, Student Innovator)
- VIGGA.US (Denmark)
The innovators will present their ideas and innovations to the LAUNCH Nordic Council members during the forum. The Council is made up of industry representatives, materials experts, business and governmental leaders and investors. All of the selected innovators will then take part in the LAUNCH Nordic Accelerator to receive support and guidance on how best to bring their innovations to scale.
- LAUNCH Nordic is a global innovation platform by: IKEA, Novozymes, Kvadrat, 3GF, Danish Ministry of the Environment & The Fund for Green Business Development, the City of Copenhagen and Vinnova. LAUNCH Nordic was created in collaboration with LAUNCH, a strategic partnership between NASA, NIKE, The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) & The U.S. Department of State.