LAUNCH: Closing the Loop
LAUNCH Nordic is working to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable world. To meet this goal, we seek innovations from around the globe with the potential to create the shift towards closed loop systems and a circular economy.
LAUNCH Nordic is a partnership hosted by IKEA Group, Novozymes, Kvadrat, The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (3GF), The Danish EPA, and Region Skåne. In collaboration with pioneering Nordic and global companies and organizations, we help scale disruptive, sustainable innovations within materials and manufacturing.
This year, we are focusing on new types of closed loop solutions and recycling technologies. We are interested in early stage, scalable technologies and innovative business models with the potential to disrupt current material and resource flows.
- Globechain is a platform to connect businesses, charities and people around reusing unwanted items. (UK)
- Infinited Fibre Company is a closed loop solution for the textile industry. (FI)
- BioCellection is a biotech solution that uses bacteria to upcycle plastic. (US)
- Queen of Raw is an online sustainable materials marketplace for suppliers and designers. (US)
- Kabadiwalla Connect is a system to help cities manage recyclable waste, by leveraging the informal waste ecosystem. (IN)
- Shrilk is a biodegradable alternative to plastic that is inspired by the insect cuticle. (SI)